WARNING: Before reading, please note that a Liberal amount of Profanity and Irreverance may occasionally be found below.
I blame it on the Alcohol.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Isn't that a beautiful view?



I really am lucky to live in such a fantastic place. Those are the Blue Ridge Mountains of Central Virginia in the background. Every morning I wake up to this view, of course except when its cloudy, when I can only see to the trees, which still ain't half bad.
When I lived out west, I could see the Olympic Range or the Cascade Mountains (if it wasn't raining). They are much taller, very strong and magnificent looking. When I moved to Virginia, someone told me that the Blue Ridge Mountains are some of the oldest mountains on the planet, so naturally they are a little more stooped and worn. I guess they've just been worn down by life. Kinda like me.
So, if you come visit, treat them gently, like your grammy.......

1 comment:

  1. I like your design and your pictures - real nice.
    I will warn you this can be addicting.

    ReplyDelete